The email shows a group of photos depicting various government buildings with the ten commandments built into the architecture and ends with this statement:
It is said that 86% of Americans believe in God.
Therefore, it is very hard to understand why there is such a mess about having the Ten Commandments on display or 'In God We Trust' on our money and having God in the Pledge of Allegiance. Why don't we just tell the other 14% to Sit Down and SHUT UP!!!
If you agree, pass this on and keep it going!
If you wish to see the whole thing it can be found here; http://www.pearlharborsurvivorsonline.org/html/GOD%20BLESS%20AMERICA.htm
Of course my dutiful mother passed it on to everyone in her address book!
This was my reply:
NOTE:CLICK IMAGE FOR EASE OF READING CHART.
This poll suggest that Christians comprise 77 % of the population. That leaves 23%. The current population of the US as of Jul 2008 is 304,059,724
that means that 69,933,736 (Almost 70 million) people should "just sit down and shut up" when you Christians think you have the right to introduce your religion onto our government.
I guess we'll just sit down and shut up! NOT!
PS. your numbers seem to be dropping off a tad.
Was I to hard on mom? should I just ignore her Christian chain letters?